Thursday 27 January 2011

A year in reflection: October

10. October

Waitin for Daddy to get home

My top 10 must haves for the first year (in no particular order)
  1. Crib - obvious reasons. Got ours from a friend of a friend. Best $50 spent.
  2. Washable nursing pads - If I had to listen to the crinkle, crinkle of one more disposable nursing pad.....
  3. Blue hospital pacifier - We only used a pacifier for the first 4months but it was a life saver. All the other pacifiers Logan didn't like.
  4. Bjorn or other front baby carrier - When Logan wouldn't sleep on his own I'd plop him in there and go for a walk, it was lights out for him after 5mins
  5. Water bottle with straw - I was a thirsty moma, the second Logan started to nurse it was as if if was sucking my hydration right out of me. Kevin got me these cheap waterbottles from Wally that have a straw & they were perfect. I've now upgraded to the fancy pants ones Camelbak makes.
  6. Burp Cloths! - A must have for this family. Best if they are personalized by your crafty sister
  7. Swaddle blanket - For 5 months Logan slept in that thing. Awesome.
  8. Breast Pump - Luckily Andrea & I have timed our pregnancies accordingly and we've been able to give that thing a work out. I was bad at pumping but when I did it was nice to pass the bottle off to Kevin on the weekends at night.
  9. Nursing Cover - Kevin had one in his diaper bag and I had one in mine. I nursed everywhere and the general public is probably happy I had this, and therefore so am I
  10. Zutanos booties - better than socks, 'nuff said. We received the 0-6months ones as a gift and he still wears them now.

And cause it's hard to pick just 10...her are the 5 runner ups

  1. Pack n Play - Logan was in the pack n play for the first 2 weeks next to our bed. We don't use it on a regular basis but it's clutch for travel purposes.
  2. George - Or one favorite "go to" toy. Even now this is his favorite. We take it everywhere with us and it's a guaranteed distraction
  3. Space Saver High Chair - Even when Logan was itty bitty we put him in here in the fully reclined position just as somewhere to set him & it allowed him to join us at dinner even though he couldn't participate. Love how there are different recline positions.
  4. Baby Tub - We had a different one originally but it wasn't working well for us. We now have this one and LOVE it. It's a bit bigger so it's definitely not a space saver but it works really well for infants and there is tons of room on the other side for when they are older and can sit and splash.
  5. Bouncer/Swing/Exersaucer - Whatever you fancy. But you need somewhere else to put the baby other than your arms.

But thats me & my 1st year must haves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment