Sunday 23 January 2011

A year in reflection: June

6. June
It's tough turning 4 months old - this was taken at the doctors office while Logan got his round of shots. And if this picture doesn't just about break your heart then I don't know what will. I look at it & I can hear him crying. From day one his cries have always been able to break through every inch of my skin and go directly to my soul.

Which makes me notsogood at doing the whole let him cry it out thing. I think the longest I've sat and listened to him cry is 30mins....30 of the longest minutes of my life. It's strange how I sit here now and I can barely remember .... but this little baby CRIED A LOT in the first 4 months of his life. I lived on the big blue yoga ball because he was happiest when he was held and bouncing. I called Kevin at least once a week in tears when all my best efforts to stop his crying didn't work. But we survived :) And like I said, it's kinda hard to remember those tough times because now Logan is an extremely happy baby. He hardly ever cries, so when he does he does for a good reason (or at least thats what I tell myself). With one exception: the car. From very early on we knew Logan didn't like the car and from very early on car rides with the baby are probably the single thing that has tried my patience to the max. You wanna see a grown woman cry harder than a baby - put me in the car with Logan for an 8hr trip. I'm hoping that in another year - when Kevin & I are on another long road trip with Logan & he is in the backseat being content at looking out the window - we will once again strain to remember just how bad Logan use to be in the car.

In the meantime - I've got at the very least another week to baby my baby & give him love when he cries.

1 comment:

  1. I think this was the number one shocking moment of parenting for me. I had NO CLUE how my child's tears/cries/screams would get to me. I never realized how painful it would be to listen to.

    ps...30 minutes is a long time!
    And cheers to having a happy baby :)

    ReplyDelete