Friday 21 January 2011

A year in Reflection: April

3. April

Ohh this picture was hard to choose from. But I picked this one because it was a turning point in our life for more than one reason. For starters- we moved into our first house! Logans room was the very first room that was completely finished. He must have known we were home because the very same week we moved in he started napping. in his crib. for more than 30 mins. Thank the Lord. I remember being so shocked that I would go in and check on him every 30 mins & take pictures to document the moment. I remember just sitting. No tv on, no radio - just sitting & taking a deep breath and after a short amount of time I kinda missed him and found myself just waiting for him to wake up.

Kevin & I had such high hopes that we would have a great little sleeper on our hands - we wanted him to be able to nap in random spots with any amount of noise, in the bright sunshine or in the darkness of the night. But it turns out when the going gets tough you do just about anything to get them to sleep, eat & not cry. We have since purchased black out curtains, and a noise maker and when you're upstairs while the baby is sleeping you best be on your tiptoes using your whisper voice.

2 comments: