Sunday 30 January 2011

1st Birthday Parrrr-tay!!


Logan had a wonderful birthday party. We slaved away all day getting food, decorations and the house ready & aside from me walking around like death from overindulging in cake batter the night before everything went perfectly :) We had tons of food - Logans birthday dinner consisted of a pork shoulder that Kevin smoked for 8hrs to make pulled pork sandwiches, homemade mac n cheese (a Logan fav) , and homemade applesauce (another Logan favorite). and of course homemade carrot cake with homemade icing (yummmmm) in the form of small cupcakes, big cupcakes and regular cake. Thank goodness Grandma & Grandpa managed to still make the trek into town despite all the snow because all of this homemade goodness that I had full intentions of making got passed onto Grandma while I worked on getting out of bed.

before

By nights end his little belly was stuffed sooo full we had to unbutton his jeans & then ultimately put on the good ole stretchy pants. He was spoiled with lots of gifts - only half of which he managed to open - birthdays take it out of you!!

during

Thank you to everyone who helped make Logans first birthday party wonderful. Although there were over 200 pictures taken I wish I had more of the decorations and everyone who came - I just wasn't on my A game :/ and therefore didn't have the camera attached to my eyeball. But within a day I'll have the other pictures posted in our Picasa photo album.

after

Happy Birthday Baby - we love you, lots.

2 comments:

  1. The birthday boy looks like he enjoyed his big
    day. The menu sounded great....carrot cake I love and that mac n cheese is my 2nd best--that
    pull pork is making me hungry. Hope Logan got
    got my card---with all that snow--you never know. Love to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawww...love the pictures!!! Looks like the cake was DELISH!

    Can't believe he's already a year old :)

    ReplyDelete