Saturday 22 January 2011

A year in reflection: May

5. May

Erin:

Kevin:



Best advice given when we were pregnant:
Erin: drink lots of water
Kevin: stay grounded & keep your eye on the prize
Best advice given from pediatrician:
Erin: "never wake a sleeping baby"
Kevin: "keep an eye on it"
Advice I'd pass on to other first time parents:
Erin: Every age & stage comes with its on set of worries and concerns
Kevin: Keep your eye on the prize
Biggest first year hurdle:
Erin: The last MRI
Kevin: The first cold
Best part about being a parent:
Erin: Watching Logan take in the world.
Kevin: Having a family of our own.
Worst part about being a parent:
Erin: Anything involving the car & the baby.
Kevin: Cleaning poo out of the tub.
Favorite comment from a stranger:
Erin: "You have such a happy baby"
Kevin: "Such bright blue eyes"
Word to live by:
Erin: Routine. Babies & adults thrive off routine and predictability.
Kevin: Patience. Sometimes you've got to step back & remember the big picture.
What do you think Logan is going to be when he grows up:
Erin: An athlete and a musican...are there professional xylophone players?
Kevin: Rocket Scientist
What has surprised me most about myself as a mother/father:
Erin: My energy...this ain't no 9-5'er
Kevin: That they let me leave the hospital with a newborn
I never want to forget:
Erin: Logans baby smell.
Kevin: His first laugh.
Whats the best part of my day:
Erin: When I get Logan up in the morning & when Daddy comes home.
Kevin: That look Logan has that says "Ha! I know you" and then he smiles : )

1 comment: