Wednesday 2 October 2013

3.7 years & 28 months

Mister Logan Beckett.  I've never met anyone like him.
He is 4 months shy of being 4 years old and is growing like a weed.  His 3T clothes are smaller everyday - I think a new 4T wardrobe is in store for him this Christmas/Birthday.  For the first time in his life he has an opinion.  He says "No, I don't want to" Which if Reagan were to say those words I might think in my head tough luck buttercup - but when Logan says it, I listen & I smile and think.  OK, Buddy :)  Along those lines his opinion often results in a fit during transitions - going from playing to nap = fit  going from outside play to inside play = fit etc...  I at least recognize it and try to get creative in ways to  avoid it but it never works.  Good effort I tell myself.  

He loves any crunchy foods, fruit and LOVES applesauce.  He eats a TON but has recently become a little more picky?  He won't touch pasta and eggs and doesn't devour his fish sticks like he use to.  Still only uses a utensil only 10% of the time but he uses a utensil 10% of the time :)  Drinks ANYTHING and EVERYTHING like a champ - he is a thirsty boy.

His words have increased like crazy.  He has a few scripted 5 word sentences and although his language is still not spontaneous he is communicating so much more and for that we are thankful.  Keep on talkin Buddy. 


He refers to himself as Mister Logan.

This Friday we go for his 30 day IEP review.  October 23rd is his Autism evaluation.


----------------------------------------------------


Miss Reagan Grace.  I've never met anyone like her.
 She is approaching 2.5 years old and she might be the perfect definition of terrible twos.  She is hot and cold, yes and no - she has an opinion, that changes constantly, about everything.  She throws a lot of fits.  I've almost become numb to them.  Crying? You hear someone crying?

She calls herself Reggie and you can often hear her call me Honey.

Since taking her paci's away she no longer sleeps during naptime and cries for a few minutes when we put her down at night.  We are taking the high road at night and ignoring the cries - over the last two weeks the length of time of her crying has decreased.  Keep on truckin...and then maybe she'll stop completely soon.  On the wrong day her not sleeping at naptime bothers me.  Right now she stays in her room and stays in her bed.  She plays with her stuffed animals and I've now put a few books in her bed so she stays quiet for the 2hrs Logan naps.  Her quiet rest time only bothers me because come 6:30 her alter ego comes out and it's not how I like ending my day.

She loves cous cous, baked beans and pasta.  Needs dip with any meat and LOVES a good treat.

She will be easy to potty train. I think?  Right now it's probably 30% her and 70% me as to why she's not yet.  She occasionally asks to go potty and I take her and she goes.  But I'm not ready to fully commit.

She is a sponge of information right now.  You say something, she remembers it.  I should teach her Spanish right now or the Periodic Table or something, right?  Yeh, I'll get to that after I potty train her.
 
I wonder when I'll stop feeling like I'm in survival mode as a parent?

Seriously, she is smart.  I wonder how she learns to form some of the sentences she does.  Probably from hangin out with her smart Momma all day ;)


Another month older :)

1 comment:

  1. Wanting Logan to talk more----WAIT!!!! he'll wake up one day--and--you and Kevin won't be able to
    shut him up. Reagan, she is a cutie----kinda-sorta reminds me of you Erin--always did ask alot of
    questions---nothing really wrong with any of it.....Enjoy this time.....love to all

    ReplyDelete