Friday 24 June 2011

Memory Box

This one gets tucked into my mental memory box:

I took Logan up for his 2nd nap yesterday afternoon. We got into his room and normally I just dump him in his crib and leave and thats that. But today for whatever reason I tried to cradle him in my arms and rock him once or twice...both of which are impossible to do these days ...he fights being cradled and his shear size isn't conducive to rocking.

BUT

as soon as he was cradled he went really still and put his thumb in his mouth. I wanted to take advantage of the few seconds he was being sweet. But 5mins into it I'm still rocking him and his eyes are fluttering and getting heavy.

GASP!

Is my big boy going to let me rock him to sleep?!

YES :)

I stood there, my arms were burning and my back felt like it was breaking...but I continued to rock him for 20mins until he was completely still taking deep sleep breaths. I was determined to let him take his full nap right there in my arms because it had been months and months since he had fallen asleep in my arms and it probably won't ever happen again :/

But rocking his 25lb+ limp body was tooo much for me after that 20min mark. I kissed his forehead and transferred him to his crib.

Think the new baby in the house has him missing his mommy just a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment