Thursday 30 June 2011

1month & 17months


We're one month into life with 4 & things definitely aren't easy or necessarily fun just yet but they are getting better. Reagan is having longer, happier awake periods, is on somewhat of a nighttime routine & Kevin and I are figuring out just how to juggle two young ones while remaining sane.

Knock on wood but most days I manage to get both babies down sleeping at the same time in the morning like they are right now :) It might not be for long but it's a nice silence while it lasts. And then in the evenings Kevin & I bathe and jammer up both babies and then I sit and nurse Reagan while Logan drinks his milk and Kevin reads a couple books. We put both babies down to bed at 8. Magically they both stay sleeping :) Logan sleeps until 7am and Reagans nights have been looking like this:

8pm - Nurse & Bed
12-1am - Nurse
3:30-4am - Nurse
5-6:30am - Nurse & Awake

Notsobad. I feel more rested than I did a couple weeks ago thats for sure.

I'm busy during the day and I feel like I'm always feeding someone or changing a diaper but 2 babies has definitely given my role as a stay at home mom more purpose. Kevin has even pointed out a few things that I've done recently that I might have, way back when... before kids, said that I would never do when I'm a mom. I sniff butts in public, clean ears with my pinky finger, sing baby songs while driving and dare I say it out loud look up mini-vans online :o

2 comments:

  1. lol busy busy Mommy days. I know that this sounds so archaic -but-enjoy and relish these days b/c I can't tell you how sickening FAST they go by. I still feel like I should be sniffing butts in public!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't------sniff butts-----at all! lol

    ReplyDelete