Wednesday 27 April 2011

Frustrated

We're on day 4 of Logans glasses being a complete nightmare. He takes them off all the time. For example, this morning I put him in his highchair with some cheerios on his tray while I get his oatmeal ready. I am maybe 20 feet away from him. In the 3 mins it takes me to make his oatmeal I had to go put his glasses back on him because he took them off. 3 times in less than 3 mins. To avoid a 4th time I pull his highchair to the counter while I finish making his breakfast. I dip into the fridge to grab the milk and shut the door to find he's nearly taken them all the way off once again. Is it possible to completely lose it before 9am? I took his tray away, took his glasses and pushed him in the high chair so he was facing the wall and went into the living room for a minute because if I looked at him I was going to cry.

It's been exactly like this for 4 days. When we're not right in his face entertaining him he takes his glasses off. Before I can buckle my seatbelt in the car he has them off.

I'm not sure what else to do - we've been stern & I've been borderline mean about him keeping his glasses on, because he knows he shouldn't take them off. I know they don't bother him because he'll wear them just fine for hours if we're constantly playing with him.

Ugh.

This morning I fashioned a rubber band to try to help keep them on or at least make it a little more difficult to get them off. Can't say it's helping.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I got your comment. Your son is so cute. I had someone on my blog say that they bribed their kid with reese's. I am not recommending that, especially with how often he is taking them off. The rubber band seems like a great idea, I don't really have any advice other than hang in there because he WILL get used to them :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there----it will get better....
    Like that rubberband idea---smart mommy!!!luv

    ReplyDelete