Thursday 9 December 2010

mrrrrrrrrr

I dropped the baby :/

Our morning was going just as usual - Logan had just finished his bottle & I picked him up like I always do, sat him on my lap and patted his back for a burp. He was being the little squirm'er he is nowadays and so I stood him on my lap and we were laughing and playing. Thats when it happened.....Logan threw himself backwards & I just wasn't prepared. He flung himself all the way out of my arms landing the side of his head on the edge of my coffee mug and then landed on the coffee table. The cry started faster and harder than I've ever heard - he sucked his thumb sooo hard, he blew snot bubbles, he farted & he gasped for air cry. mrrrrr. I scooped him up & cuddle him while I jogged into the kitchen for an ice pack. Meanwhile - Dylan had come barrelling down the stairs so fast I think he skipped the last 4 stairs...he immediately started licking Logans face & didn't leave his side until we all got up from the floor.

The wound in the picture doesn't look too bad but it hurts my heart to know how it got there...which makes it look worse too.

My bump is in the form of a diagonal line above my right eye & if you can't see it then look at all my teeth :)

The silver lining of all of this is Dylan made me proud :) He's never had such a reaction to Logan...then again nothing like this has ever happened to Logan before. There was definitely something different in his cry & Dylan sensed it and came to the rescue.

He naps now & appears to have forgotten our little episode this morning. Time to tend to the coffee that was splatter all over the living room.

3 comments:

  1. awww...bumps are NO FUN! I'm sorry this happened :(

    On a more funny note - I'm looking at the first picture and thinking, "What kind of hat does Erin have on Logan's head? She is generally pretty stylish, but I'm going to have to give a red X on this." Then I realized, NOT a HAT, an ICE PACK!

    Cheers...to purple ice packs with a band to hold it in place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!! The first time Cameron had a bump like that (notice I said First time, implying multiple bumps haha) I think I cried harder than him. 4 mins later he had no idea anything was wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks pretty happy for a little guy who bumped his head:) and-----Good boy Dylan!! extra treats for you! Andrea is right on with the ice pack HAT,,,thought maybe it was something else you brought back from England! ps. teeth are looking great!

    ReplyDelete