Thursday 7 January 2010

Escape

I sent an email to Erin (E2) this morning telling her that I had a nervous tummy & was slightly starting to freak out a bit about my impending life changes. I asked her to distract me with whats going on in her life. She writes:

Today I'm putting the finishing touches on my latest charity event to be held this evening to benefit African refugees. My Oscar de la Renta gown is being steamed this afternoon and my diamonds on loan from Harry Winston are arriving any minute, accompanied by their own security detail. I have a brief phone conference this morning with my editor and publisher about the release of my second book, which I'm very excited about. The touring and traveling is my favorite part of the process. The only downside being that I will have to take a break from the charity work I enjoy so much. I may be ready for a hiatus after tonight's event. I have to admit it has been a stressful 6 months of planning, but I believe we will reach our 5 million dollar goal! Brad and Angelina have graciously committed to matching our fundraising efforts and will present a check to me onstage at the close of tonight's event. It will undoubtedly be a success. And tomorrow I'm off to St. Croix for three weeks vacation with the love of my life (and the most gorgeous man I have ever laid eyes on). It turns out you can be independently wealthy, an underwear model and be genetically incapable of lying/cheating! I had to send my swimsuits off to be tailored since recently becoming aware that I'm now a size 4, but they will arrive with the rest of our luggage on the yacht shortly before we do. See you at the charity event tonight, and I'm so looking forward to spending more time with you at the dinner party at my NYC condo in 2 weeks!

Better? Reality is a state of mind...haha.

Definitely feeling better after that little escape - think I'll go put this nervous energy to good use.

4 comments:

  1. E2 - can I score tickets to tonight's event??? My Giorgio Armani dress just happens to be hanging in my closet begging for a special occasion and I have the PERFECT pair of manolo blahniks that I've never worn. No worries about travel...I checked with President Obama and he said that I could borrow Air Force One to get there. (Please please please tell me you have extra tickets...I would be willing to give you a weeks stay in my chateau in France).

    ReplyDelete
  2. M1 To E1----------Feeling alright my dear? Is little Logan putting a little too much pressure where it doesn't need to be? Remember I can be there in a flash!!--in the M1 mode, or just give me the chance to be M2-I can raise a lot more than money:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously, can't believe I just posted that! Please disregard the last part of that message. That M2 can be such a pain, but she does have the inside connections on diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee!! nervous energy, eh? us old timers used to call that "nesting"!!! time is getting closer!! :)

    ReplyDelete