Thursday 8 September 2016

Reagan Grace

My little bundle of personality.  Her & I just crossed a major milestone.  She left for school.  She has been by my side all day everyday for the last 5 years.  Logan went to preschool, (since it was offered as part of the early intervention program) at 3 years old.  But my Reagan - she has been my sidekick for 5 whole years.

It was time.  It was hard to see her go, but she was ready & so was I.

It's been an interesting transition.  It's her first time out in the wild & I can tell she is processing it like crazy.  All the different people/behaviors/personalities she encounters - that first week of school, she was so not the little Reagan I know & love.  Good news we are 2 weeks in and my little Reagan is coming back.

Everynight she asks what we are going to dream about- except that first week of school she didn't ask us, I guess she was too cool for that & it was at that moment I wanted to take her out of school and homeschool her - I would shelter her forever if I could. 

Only because...

Her heart is made of gold (& i want no one and to ever change that)  I know she has a heart of gold because I see her everyday with Logan & now everyday with Lucy.  Before school started we took her out on a date.  Just her, Daddy & Mommy.  We took her out for whatever dessert she wanted so we could talk to her about Logan.  Knowing that with the start of school she would be riding "his" bus and she might, for the first time, recognize that he isn't in a regular 1st grade classroom - then there might be her friends that might ask questions .... we felt the need to prepare her.  The talk went well.  And the end result was that Logan's brain was different than hers and most other kids brains ever since he was little and in Mommy's belly.  And because his brain was different it takes him longer to learn things that most people learn very easily.  It was a tough talk for us to do but she took it as if it was just another day to day conversation....and thats what makes her so great.

She seriously is a little momma with Lucy & I hope that never stops.  She can already get Lucy to laugh within 2mins when I have tried all day. She changes diapers. She can pick her up & rock her. She helps feed her at the table.  And after her first day of school (& Lucy was napping) she made me promise that Lucy would always be awake when she got home from school.  I couldn't promise but the very next day she was up to see her off the bus and I swear I almost cried when she went running to hug Lucy instead of me.

She loves doing arts and crafts (like her momma).  Recently she has been into making floor plans.  I don't know where she picked that up but she does it from memory and the drawing isn't perfect but it's pretty amazing to see.  Just the other day she upped the floor plan drawings by adding in a 3 dimensional element.  She asked me to tape a piece of paper "so it stands up" a square she cut out for the tv and a rectangle she cut out for a couch. Girl amazes me.

She has style.  I love to see how she dresses for the day. The outfits you wouldn't think would go together, turns out she can rock.  All the sudden I feel the desire to own a floral skirt to wear with a plaid shirt, purple socks and all white sneakers.  

I have said it before & I'll say it again.  I CANNOT wait to see what mountains this little girl will move.  




1 comment:

  1. Oh what an amazing description! I so wish we lived closer so I could meet this amazing little girl in person!I love hearing about her and seeing how big her little heart is. I can only hope that one day Miss Reagan and Miss Harper can play together! I think they would enjoy each other very much!! :) :) She sounds like one outstanding, terrific, wonderful little girl!! Thank you so much for sharing everything here with us on the blog!

    ReplyDelete