Wednesday 21 September 2016

A year later....

I wrote this on September 29, 2015 

& just yesterday we found out that on September 30, 2016 at 11am we will close on our new house in Virginia.

Kinda ironic.

It took an entire year for the Hawk family shake up to shake out & spin us back on the east coast, with a new baby, a new job and a week away from entering a new house.  
 And in a year when I read back, I'll know we survived & came out ontop
I knew we would survive.  Never in a million years would I have been able to predict where it would take us.  But I knew we would make it out ontop.  It's still too fresh to look back on a laugh about. But for sure that will always be a memorable time in our lives.  

We had JUST found out we were pregnant.  I was watching a couple kids at the house during the day to make a little extra money when Kevin called to tell me he had been laid off.  Shortly thereafter I started watching more kids at the house to make more money.  Kevin did handy-man jobs for people in the neighborhood.  My pregnant belly started conveniently craving ramen.  Our friends and family stepped in, in ways that I hope to one day re-pay - a bag of groceries here, a cooked meal there, gift cards - I have a list of everyone that helped.  Karma people.  Believe in it. 

I remember Kevin saying to me early on in my pregnancy that he didn't think he was making our last pregnancy special & I looked at him and said "Are you kidding me? You are home all day everyday.  We have coffee & breakfast together every morning.  You are here to help make dinner every night.  You go to the grocery store for me.  You help me with all the extra kids I'm watching"  I remember thinking this is the dream in some ways.  He was there for Reagans last year at home before she started Kindergarten, he was there to get Logan on and off the bus, he was there for me - all day everyday.

I'm proud of us.
The Hawks are back ontop :)

Pics of the new digs to come when we get the keys in our hands next week!

3 comments:

  1. You Hawks not only come out on top, you jump a little higher just because you can!! You don't just survive, you could easily write the latest book on if you are handed lemons: don't just make lemonade make a lemon cake! So proud of you for being so strong and resilient during trying times, love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Hawks not only come out on top, you jump a little higher just because you can!! You don't just survive, you could easily write the latest book on if you are handed lemons: don't just make lemonade make a lemon cake! So proud of you for being so strong and resilient during trying times, love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I have missed the blog for a little bit and I just decided it was time to catch up and read everything I missed! I always go back to the first one I missed and read forward because I just love catching up. I just got to this post and I must say it brought tears to my eyes! You guys are amazing!! Amazing in ways you may never know! You have such a strong family, as you said in an earlier post -- beautiful kids inside and out -- just like their parents!! So proud to have you guys as friends, just wish we were closer!!

    ReplyDelete