Friday 30 August 2013

Big Girl

The bike we ordered for Reagan arrived today.

We decided at 6:15 that we would allow her to ride it if she agreed to give us all her paci's.

At 6:30 she saw her bike, helmet & baby doll for the first time.  She was all smiles putting her paci's in the basket so we could take them to the park trash can and throw them out and be a big girl.




She willingly threw all of the paci's out


She went to bed at 7:45 & she immediately looked for her paci's.

It's 8:45 and she's been crying since we left her room.  
There was a small part of me that thought it was going to be easy.  She's gone to bed with a paci for the last 2+ years, every night.  I think I was crazy to think it was going to easy.

No turning back - the paci's are all the way at the park in the trash can.  I don't even have a back up one stashed anywhere.

5 comments:

  1. i really can't get over all of this. your kiddos look so much older to me and seem far advanced for their ages. bittersweet?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reagan is soooo cute--the crying will quit when she turns 18-but-
    for now enjoy this special time. love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big girl Reagan!! Should I tell her Grandma has a couple of paci's at her house??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of when my mom confiscated my blankie right before we went to Disney world... I never got over where the heck my blankie went after it mysteriously didn't make it in the suitcase, and was no where to be found when I got home. I love that you had her throw them out on her own, way to go Hawk-parents! You guys rock! She'll recover and you'll have tons more opportunities to piss her off ;-) - Love, Julie W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Reagan looks so big since last seeing you all in May! Can't believe how fast she has grown this summer. Even bigger for loss of paci and big girl potty! Erica

    ReplyDelete