Tuesday 9 April 2013

My little me & me

With Logan at school from 8:00-11:30 Monday- Friday the little miss and I have 3.5hrs of just us.  It's been almost 3months of that schedule and only now do I feel like we've figured out our new normal.

She likes to be left alone for almost an hour after Logan leaves.  And when I say left alone - I mean left alone.  Don't talk to her, don't go peek in at her playing, don't make eye contact when you pass each other in the hall.  She is in her world for that hour & Mommies are not allowed.  You can find her playing with Little Peoples or collecting things from around the house in her shopping cart and then "organizing" them somewhere else.  A couple times I've seen her in the bathroom pretending that the q-tips were make-up that she was putting on herself and her baby.  Normally we don't play with q-tips but ... pick your battles.  I spend my time now in my world cleaning up breakfast and getting dressed & enjoying the quiet morning hour that I haven't had in over 3 years.

We then either go run errands, go to the gym or now that the weather is getting nicer we've been going for walks.  And because arts & crafts is usually not one of Logan's favorite things to do I like squeeze in a little A&C time for Mommy Reagan ;)
 

She is a little me in the making & I love watching it happen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment