Thursday 25 April 2013

Makeover

I bought this bad boy at an Estate sale last fall for $3. 
I love it because of how it makes Logan sit up well.  I love that there is a place for Logan to rest his feet...every single one of Logan therapist stressed how important it is for a child with poor posture to have their feet resting somewhere instead of dangling.  I love that it looks like a chair that's high up rather than a high chair.

Best $3 I've spent in awhile.

The chair is from the 1980's and I swear there was food from the 1980's crusted on it.  It needed a makeover.

Commence makeover.
Let's keep in mind that it's the chair that I love.  The goal of the makeover was not to make it look any worse than what it was before...easy peasy.

Before 


My helper



Takin' a break from helping .....ummm mom this is taking awhile, mind if "I go get some coffee"





In process



After


The color is Kona Brown.  In my opinion it's more Kona than brown - but as it turns out our table and chair set appears to be in the Kona family?  I don't LOVe how it turned out but I think I went above and beyond of my initial goal of not making it look any worse, I think I actually made it look better and I managed to sand away all the crusty 1980's food.  It took 3 days worth of naptimes and when Logan sat back in it tonight for the first time in 3 days, he didn't notice.

You like it love?



1 comment:

  1. Whoa love, your so handy! Maybe you should have done all the house reno's too?!?

    ReplyDelete