Friday 12 April 2013

More details & Some reminising

Friday, April 19th will be Kevin's last day at Electric Boat.  The very next day he will hop in his truck with Dylan & begin his journey to Texas.  For those of you not looking at a calendar - that's next week.

The kiddos and I will stay behind in CT for an undetermined amount of time to help get the house sold & then packed up.  Logan's last day of school is June 11th - if nothing has happen with the house by then...well, I'm not sure what will really happen but I'm calling 2 months of single parenting my breaking point.

This has been "the dream" since...I don't know, forever. We've always wanted our bones to be warm and our family to be near.  So we will do what needs to be done to make that happen.

It isn't going to be easy.
But to exit this week on a fun & happy note:

  some old pictures & good memories

January 6, 2006
These were pictures taken in a bar in VA the night Kevin asked me if I would want to move to CT to be closer to him after I graduated.  Not to live with him, but just to be closer.


Yes. 

July 9, 2006
He came and picked me & all my belongings up.  I moved into an apt. in Manchester while he lived in his apt in New London.  We moved in together after less than a year :)




 T.G.I.F!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I remember the first time I met you that summer. We were at Esker Point and The Heather's and I were like "who is this chick?" (you actually played volleyball while we just sat and drank wine). So glad you said yes as some of my fondest pre-kid days are with you and Kevin. I know we haven't hung out much since kids and I am sad to hear you are leaving but oh so happy its for a place with family! Best wishes and please if you need some adult convo or just an extra hand while Kevin is gone before you move please know I am only a phone call and a drive away. Would love to hang out some before you are gone :)

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete