Wednesday 12 May 2010

Acid Reflux 101



Constantly getting spit up on or at (sometimes its projectile), going through at least 3 bibs and 4 burp cloths a day and having mounds more laundry to do daily.

My shirt is soaked some days & some days I change after each time and other days I just let it soak in and not change until after we put him to bed. This is why nothin fancy will do & if I do decide to get a little spruced up one day I'm guaranteed to have spit up on me within minutes - it's murphys law. It's a high five occasion when one of us manages to actually catch the spit up on the way out in a burp cloth leaving furniture, clothing and floors unscathed. We've gotten use to it now but there are occasions where we are in absolute shock at just how much can come up & out of such a little body in a given day.

Olivia had acid reflux too & my sister tells me it only gets worse when they actually start eating colorful food. What goes in will come out.....

Lovely.

4 comments:

  1. The light at the end of the tunnel...is that it does end. And when I look back on it now, I'm sooo far removed from it. I don't remember the smell, the laundry, the texture.

    But while you are going through it...IT! IS! NOT! FUN! AT! ALL!!!!

    However, I am looking forward to having spit up on me again...because then, it means I will be near my nephew :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh.....the good ole days when a diaper/burp cloth was an integral part of every outfit!! :) it will pass (and you won't miss it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorful and graphic blog! He must be taking in a huge amount to be ridding himself of so much of it and still gaining the way he is!

    ReplyDelete