Wednesday 19 August 2009

The bumps got rhythm!!


I have to admit I was a little nervous going into the appointment - after all when you don't have a belly & you feel ''normal'' it's hard for it to really sink in that there is a baby growing inside you. But she put the fetal doppler on my belly & was able to pick a heartbeat up right away!!! It registered between 151 - 156. Kevin wore his pink polo shirt to the appointment to represent what he thinks is growing inside me. So naturally he asked her based on the heartbeat can you determine the sex...she laughed and said typically a girl has the faster heartbeat and that our heartbeat reflected a girl...but she reminded us it's only a guess.

Other than that my other vitals checked out good. My blood results came back - I have no disease or concerns and a 'remarkable iron count' I attribute that to us putting spinach in everything we eat :)

Next appointment September 15th - I imagine Kevin will wear his pink shirt again. Maybe I'll wear a blue one just to mix things up ;)

3 comments:

  1. yeah!!!!!! sooo exciting. is it september 15th yet?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very exciting...it becomes very real, no?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like Baby Hawk might have been running in you! Keep eating the spinach!
    Love Us

    ReplyDelete