Sunday 23 August 2009

17 weeks!


Well folks the bump has arrived! To me, there is a fairly large change in this weeks pics from last weeks - little lumpy around the edges right now. Which explains why all my regular clothes still fit but fit differently...those lumps & bumps are gettin in the way. A bit frustrating at times-

and a perfect example of those frustrating times I refer to:
I had a little bit of a meltdown/I'm not feeling pretty/I have nothing to wear kind of morning on Saturday. There were tears & about 20 outfits tried on. I was trying to keep it my issue and overcome it on my own so I calmed myself before going downstairs but the minute Kevin walked in the room Mrs. Waterworks started again...not sure if those tears had any reason behind them or if they were just leftover. So a bit of a rocky start but Kevin told me he thought I was beautiful and to focus on the end goal - baby in hand :) And that seemed to help. The day ended with a few new purchases -I now have 2 new pairs of pants, two new tops and a dress ...oh and a pair of fun sneakers :)

Heartbeat - Check
Bump - Check
Hormones - Check
We're definitely pregnant people.

I wore this same outfit in the same location for our first belly pics at 7 weeks...10 weeks makes a big difference !

1 comment:

  1. ok, so why did YOUR meltdown make ME cry? Kevin's right, you do look beautiful, and happy. So why the tears???? Oh, the magic of hormones. Hang in there, those nasty "mones" will get adjusted, and the lumps and bumps will look more like your baby very soon. You really did show a big change in the picture this week!!:)

    ReplyDelete