Sunday 21 June 2009

1st Fathers Day

June 18th - Awhile ago I brought to Kevin's attention that this would be his first Fathers Day. I could tell he hadn't thought of that -but then his face lit up and he was all smiles. For this momentous occasion I painted a picture of a penguin for him/baby/us & I bought him a diaper bag! Super DAD! You would never know it was a diaper bag from the outside - very stylish, sleek & leather ...ooo0OOooo. Inside tho - heaps of space & a changing pad. Perfect he's going to love it - I might even stuff it with some goodies like baby wipes, diapers & baby butt cream. Ohhh the word goodies just took on a whole new meaning. I can't wait!!!




June 21st - Fathers Day!!! We got up & had egg & cheese sandwiches & then I gave him his presents. He loved them!!! I had him model it & he's already planning what else he'll put in it. WE'RE HAVING A BABY! Every now and again it reaalllly hits us & we get super excited. I was skyping with my sister this morning :
Erin Hawk: morning [14:23:02]
Andrea Hertel: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to be.....to kevin :)

haha...it's funny because Tom sent a skype to me on mothers day saying ''Happy Mothers Day to be'' to me. At the time, Kevin & I thought it was an odd thing to say - but perhaps Tom knew more than we did ... we were pregnant on Mothers Day and didn't know!!!
Kevin's dinner choice tonight is Irish Stew & I'm making some dessert - YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment