Tuesday 23 June 2009

10 Weeks!


June 23rd - I've been a little more tired this week. Needing naps or deciding to sleep in a bit later. Still haven't had any real cravings - and if I do crave something it's usually something sweet but I'm not sure thats unique to the pregnancy...haha. Oddly enough I've lost some weight. I told Kevin it's probably because I haven't been drinking & although I feel like I've been eating a little more I can't eat a lot in one sitting. Perhaps those diet people that say 6 small meals is better than 3 big ones were right all along!

Yesterday we had our biggest scare of letting the cat outta the bag. I sent Andrea a link on Skype of a rental property we were looking at in Conneciticut & within a second of sending it I realized that the information that I filled out on the side bar was on the link I sent her (or so I thought). The information I filled out included things like How many tenants? 2 Adults & 1 baby on the way :) and then I wrote a little inquiry starting off with We're expecting our first child in January.... My heart about jumped out of my chest. I immediately called Kevin and he left work telling me to start sending her other links to distract her - I did and it seemed to work. I kept waiting to see scroll across the screen ERIN MICHELLE HAWK CALL ME RIGHT THIS MINUTE! but it never came. Luckily, after sending the link to Dave Bass he assured us that the information I filled out didn't transfer to Andreas screen. Close call. 9 more days to keep my lid shut.

June 26th - Growing Pains? So yesterday was an interesting/scary day.....I've fainted before (Mare & Nars you guys remember?! haha) so I know what the 30secs before you're about to faint feels like & yesterday morning while I was getting breakfast ready I got within 30 secs of fainting so I just laid down on the kitchen floor letting the cold floor ease my clamy'ness until Kevin came in to finish what I started and help me up. I spent the next little while on the couch not feeling 100% but eventually decided to get up and do something. I went out shopping for our camping trip this weekend but made it into only one store before I was crumpled over in pain. My stomach hurt so bad it was giving me the cold sweats...I honestly didn't think I could manage walking back to the car I thought I was going to have to curl up on a bench on the streets. But I made it home, laid down in bed & called Kevin. Of course some of both of our first thoughts were the worst ones...which makes me nervous. But after laying down for a while I started to feel better. I got up again to wash the dishes but had to lay back down within a few mintues when the pain in my stomach came back. I did some research online but of course it varies person to person - pain in your stomach could be anything from your stomach growing & adjusting, gas, a miscarriage, raging hormones, etc.... We'll just be thankful when we finally get our first scan ...only a couple more days to go. Feeling better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment