Tuesday 26 February 2013

School

When Logan started school I volunteered to volunteer in his classroom 2 or 3 times a month.  Because of all the snow, today was my first day.  

I came in the class a few minutes after Logan arrived on the bus.  He noticed me IMMEDIATELY  :)  Hi Mommy, Hi Mommy

I wanted to volunteer for a couple reasons... for starters the times I went in with Logan for his visits before he started I actually had a really good time.  At home it's harder to tell yourself just to sit down and play when the laundry is calling your name or there is dinner to make.  Being in the school was a nice break from the house.  But I also wanted to see Logan is his new environment, see how he interacted with the other kids, and see how did following the routine of the day.

He has adjusted perfectly :)

The first 2 weeks I would get notes in our parent-teacher communication book that he would cry.  Sometimes when transitioning from a fun activity like the sandtable to some other small group activity, sometimes when he had to sit still for too long and sometimes when he was leaving to come home.  Logan doesn't cry much - Kevin & I have always agreed that to hear Logan cry literally makes our heart ache.  So to read that he cried - mrrrrr big time.

The last couple weeks there has been no mention of crying :)

He's clearly learning the routines, I saw for myself today - I was impressed.
He has a one-on-one the entire day.  If he's not with one of his therapist he is with Mr. Marsh who is his assigned one-on-one person.  All the teachers & staff love him.  All the kids know his name.  Nora wanted to sit next to him at circle, again

His favorite thing about school?  The Ssshhkoool bus

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING!!!!! That's my grandson...You go Logan!
    Love ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete