Wednesday 10 November 2010

I'm not sure what you would call yesterday but I'm pretty sure I can describe it best as a hormonal tornado. Google started it.

You'll remember about a month ago I was worried that Logan still wasn't sitting up by himself. Well - here we are a month after that and he is now a great little sitter and a new worry has popped up. go figure. He is soooo not mobile and google is the devil. I came across a ton of "What should my 9 month old be able to do" articles & while there was a good deal of articles saying that babies develop differently and some never even crawl the ones that stuck with me were the ones saying "if your baby isn't attempting to move by 9 months there is something wrong" So yesterday I practiced tough love. When that wasn't successful, I cried.


It snowballed from there.

Logan didn't nap well, Dylan got under my skin. And things that don't really upset me had there go at me too. Kevin got several emails but nothing he said was really helping - I was too far gone at that point. So I sat across the room from Logan while he played & I cried. Logan did his best to get a smile out of me...he kept flashing me the biggest smiles and talking to me - all that did was make me cry harder. What the heck is wrong with me...look at this face

We all needed fresh air so after lunch we took a walk in silence - I think Dylan knew better than to stop and smell the roses on this walk...we were all business, walk fast...burn some steam and let the cool air dry up the tears.

It got better from there.

I slept well & we are having a much better day today :) Logan has his 9 month appt. this afternoon so I plan to speak my worries to the doc. I don't expect he'll say that there is anything at all wrong with Logan but it'll be a weight off our shoulders to speak our troubles out loud to someone who hopefully knows what he's talking about.

Whoa.
Dear Hormones,
WTF. Don't do that again. Or at the very least give us a warning.

2 comments:

  1. Next time I come up there---I'm throwing my
    hat--shoes---shirt---maybe even my pants and just wait till one of them comes out. Hang in there girl-----I hope the doctor can easy your
    pain by telling you there is absolutely nothing
    to worry about... Logan is just being himself...
    Relax---enjoy---and have a snickers....luv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison was never in a hurry to do anything! Still isn't. I think I am suppose to be learning something from her because I have rushed through my whole life. I am not a quick study and still worry. The rational side of me knows she is completely fine and undeniably happy. Which, in the end, is our goal.

    ReplyDelete