Monday 8 November 2010

12 weeks!


First trimester - DONZO!!! I can only hope the rest of the pregnancy goes by like that. If I didn't know it I would never suspect I was pregnant. There were just a handful of days that I've felt really tired, twice that I've felt faint (one of them being just this morning), and only a couple of times that my emotions have made the tears flow for reasons that I know don't warrant tears.

I've had the same food aversions that I had when pregnant with Logan. Naturally, it's the healthy stuff that hasn't sounded good - chicken, veggies, seafood. I sense thats coming to an end - we had chicken and broccoli last night...I just made it a point to eat all the broccoli fast and first. Chocolate, Graham crackers, pb&j sandwiches, mac&cheese, pizza and bbq things are all foods that are on my mind.

My hair is thick & luscious. lol. Wait a second, it always is ;) But it is that much more thick. Awesome. Thursday I have an appointment to get a much needed hair-do re-do. I've got an itch for something different.....
I'd say the biggest difference between this and last pregnancy is I've been ridiciously COLD all the time. Kevin is walking around in a t-shirt while I have a long sleeve, my thickest sweater, jeans and my sleeping bag slippers on and I still have goosebumps. It's really quite strange. I can feel kinda warm to the touch but I'll have goosebumps everywhere. I must be creating a little incubator for the baby and it's just zapping all my warmth.

Everyone will be happy to know that we will be finding out the gender of the wee one when the time comes.

3 comments:

  1. how in the WORLD are you growing a baby in that skinny little tummy of yours?!?

    :)

    I know why you are cold...you don't have any blubber to keep you warm.

    Happy 2nd Trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto ditto ditto to everything Andrea just said!! How big is that itch for something different in the hair category??? We want you happy this holiday season!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is that my pregnant budda belly at 34 weeks is super, super, SUPER jealous of your adorable 12-week belly shot. You look amazing (as usual). :)

    ReplyDelete