Wednesday 29 September 2010

Every moms worst fear is someone elses baby. I distinctly remember telling Andrea when she would call worried about Olivia growing "Don't compare babies, every baby is different and every baby develops at different rates" Soooo you would think when it was my turn with a baby that I wouldn't compare my baby to others. Notsomuch. I actually think it's impossible.

Logan is approaching 8 months and he doesn't sit well by himself, he gags when he eats anything with much texture, is not sure what to think about the sippy cup, doesn't roll over more than once in one direction, and he hasn't even begun to fathom the idea of crawling.

If you're reading this and have a blog I most likely read yours too and if you have a blog & babies (ie: my sisters friends) - bingo! Your babies are the ones I compare mine too, I reach back into your archives and investigate all your babies.
Humph :/

I'm absolutely positive Logan will hop on the bandwagon soon but I can't help but wonder what more can I do? What am I doing wrong? Kevin & I are responsible for this little baby growing up and learning everything - it's a daunting thing to think about & we've never done this before, just curious if we are doing everything that we should be doing. I guess we'll find out...haha. Maybe this is part of what creates the first child syndrome.


"Mom. Calm down. I'm just taking advantage of being a baby for a little longer. Maybe you should think about taking advantage of it too"

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I've said those exact same words to others...but it's a lot harder to remember the words when it comes to your child.

    Love you all and Logan will do things in his own perfect time :) Let's remember how early he rolled over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,

    I know you read my blog ;) so I know you have followed Cameron's growth and you know that he has been all over the map. He didn't sit up well until he was about Logan's age, and the food thing is very deceptive, we are STILL struggling with food every.single.day. It is my nightmare. You may find that one day Logan seems "behind" and literally a week later he has launched himself into the next step. Cameron was definitely like that with sitting and crawling. I thought he would NEVER crawl. Then out of nowhere he was down the hallway by himself. I have learned (and let me tell you it has been a HARD lesson) that babies are definitely one step forward, 2 steps back. Hang in there, you guys are all doing great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I hadn't read your blog post when we skyped earlier today, so when I was saying how well Logan seemed to be doing, those comments were not prompted by what you wrote. You, B.J. and Andrea were not good crawlers--you all preferred the army man crawl and that was not until the nine, ten, maybe even later months. I have seen MANY "babies/toddlers that did not want anything than the first step baby food until they were over 2 years old!! Remember how the "normal" figuration comes about! Logan is eating, sleeping, smiling, cooing and being the most adorable baby--and you---are being a loving concerned Mommy! PERFECT :) We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin - I've been reading your blog for a while now, per Andrea's blog!;) And I just had to comment here. I wish I could be half the historian both you and Andrea are in regards to chronicling the daily tidbits of your family -- and that alone is something little Logan will be so grateful to have one day. And as for his development, I have a 7-month-old right now, my second boy no less, and I look to YOUR blog to tell me if JJ's developing along w/ Logan!=) I remember very vividly your video post of Logan laughing (at a very young age, mind you) and playing soccer. It wasn't long after that, that I took JJ out and had Daddy kick him the ball too. He kind of laughed, but not like Logan's belly laugh. Nevertheless, and if your blog is any indication, I think you're a GREAT mom, and Logan is and is gonna be a GREAT kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Logan is just fine!!! He's playing his hand just
    like it should be played. Some kids don't even
    think about all that baby stuff-----He'll get up when he feels like---betcha he'll surprise you soon and be all over that house of yours....
    In fact, you'll probably wish you never question his baby skills.....just love the way he's now...
    luv

    ReplyDelete