Friday 17 September 2010

Cubes of Delight

Logan started eating solids at 5 months and just started with rice cereal and as we have progressed it just so happened that I've made all his food. I haven't bought any jarred food yet - we're not opposed to it but so far we haven't had the need to. Every 2-3weeks I buy a bunch of fresh/frozen fruits & veggies and get to work making food. I cook everything then throw it in the Magic Bullet and presto! I scoop the puree into ice cube trays, freeze and then dump into baggies. Each cube is about an ounce of food - and he typically gets two cubes of fruit and cereal for breakfast and 3 cubes (two of one veggie and one of another) for dinner.

So far I've made and he's eaten:

Pears
Peaches
Strawberries
Banana
Mixed Berry Delight
Strawberry & Banana Delight
Avocado
Carrots
Peas
Green Beans
Sweet Taters
Sweet Tater & Pea Delight
White Potato

Chicken

He also just recently tried his first Cheerio and pieces of bread - didn't hate them but I think the sensation of chewing and the different texture made his face twist.

2 comments:

  1. yum yum! Logan doesn't know how good he's got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing erin!!! logan has quite the amazing mommy :)

    might need to get myself a magic bullet...

    ReplyDelete