Wednesday 3 March 2010

Pictureless Snapshot

Our life that surrounds baby Logan

We're still on track to close on our new house March 30th - notsofar away anymore...sometimes I can't believe we'll be home owners this month. We've been wanting this for so long. We have big dreams and a long list of things to do once we're in! So ready.

Kevin has been working the most normal work schedule I think he has ever worked & is able to be home most days between 3:30-4:00 at which point he becomes Mr. Mom. And regardless if I've had a stressful, cry filled day or not, the minute I pass Logan off is the minute I want to hold him again. But Kevin is both Dylan and Logans outlet for fun - somehow Kevin manages to throw the ball for Dylan all while entertaining Logan. A feat I have yet to figure out. Two days of the week Kevin goes to class 45mins away to finish up his masters. Come June he will graduate :) It takes all of his energy to power through those two days - before it was just having to sit through 2 three hour classes right after work now it means foregoing his Mr. Mom role as well, which I know he misses. Needless to say he'll be happy come June when school is donzo! Sometimes I think my days are busy but then I see Kevins schedule.

The jist of my days can be seen through the pictures I post on the blog. I'm busy just a different kind of busy. I feed, change and have carpet picnics with Logan. And if we're lucky and the weather is nice we go out for walks. It sounds boring and mundane but it's anything but that- it's one of the most difficult jobs I've ever had. They say you burn a lot of calories breastfeeding but I think more calories are burned trying to calm a crying baby or running around the house trying to clean everything for the one hour that the baby is napping. Amazing the mess a newborn leaves in his wake. Some days I feel like all my energy has been sucked right out of me - literally. I try to be supermom & it's a tough pill to swallow on the days I don't get everything I wanted to done. Just need to learn to drop the supermom complex and soak up more of this itty-bitty baby time :)

It's definitely been an adjustment for all of us but I already feel like we're slipping into a routine. We both have tough days - but it's amazing how a hot shower seems to wash off more than just spit-up. Bills may be tight and there may be some days when we look at each other and wonder how we're going to afford a new baby and a new house on one income at the same time but I'm extremely grateful for being able to stay home and couldn't imagine it any other way- pretty sure we're on the same page with that.

Love our little family & lovin our life.

3 comments:

  1. another post....that i really like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said!! Being you, loving your husband, baby and life already makes you Supermom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the games begin..... Wait till he's a little be older----this is when I'm buying him a bunch of weeble people---so he can play with them and when it's time to put them away,I hope Logan picks them up 1 at a time.....Something like you used to do----remember?!?!?! Logan is all boy....
    He'll be a pistol, but just think he'll love you both all the same.....Are yinz painting the inside of your house before you move in?? The house looks great and I know you'll love it when you do move into it. Don't worry too much about where the $$ comes from----it will be there..... Anyway, I hope you get this comment. love me....

    ReplyDelete