Thursday 18 March 2010

Better Together


Yesterday morning Kevin left for a recruiting trip down at Virginia Tech. Logan & I spent the day sending picture texts updating him with our adventures. And last night was the first night I've spent without him since we were in England back in September. Only this time we have a baby. I have to admit I was a little nervous/scared. I checked to make sure the door was locked like 3 times. And instead of Logan sleeping in his crib I moved him in our room to sleep in the pack n play so I could have some company. Neither of us slept very well. Only one more night to conquer then Kevin comes home Friday afternoon. I don't envy single parents - babies were meant to have two people looking after them.
To his disappointment, Dylan anxiously awaited Kevins return last night - every car that went by he got up and looked out the window. If he would have come back to the bedroom and checked on me I would have let him on the bed - but I think he waited all night for Kevin to get home. Then this morning after I let him outside he came barrelling in and proceeded to run around the house looking everywhere for Kevin. Poor pup.

We're all missing you. Come home.

2 comments:

  1. Jeez, that toothbrush even looks lonely!!! Now, I wish we had been able to stay... Friday will be a great day in the Hawk household:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just me and you,
    Not so many things we got to do
    or places we got to be
    We'll sit beneath the mango tree, now,

    ReplyDelete