Tuesday 30 March 2010


Our baby does not nap during the day & at times seems almost hyper alert. This is frustrating for Mom & Dad cause it ends up leading to an over-tired, cranky baby. We've tried everything to help him sleep. Last resort: mom giving up coffee and caffeine. I'm not addicted to coffee but after getting up with Logan several times throughout the night coffee had become my new best friend. They (they being google) say breastfeeding moms can still enjoy coffee in moderation without the effects being seen in their babies. Then they left a list of symptoms - all of which Logan has - saying that some babies have a high sensitvity to caffeine & if thats the case to try eliminating caffeine from their diet.
ugh
Day one of no coffee: Heres to hoping it helps

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck!!! Try having an apple in the morning. Seriously:) Google it. I heard this on the news a while back; they said that eating an apple in the morning can "wake" you up more than a cup of coffee!? Can't wait to see Logan's new growing picture up at the top of the page tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers!

    thoughts on decaf???

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've cut coffee completely out of my routine as well, so i know how you feel! it was definitely hard at first, but i found a pretty good substitute if you don't mind tea. it's celestial seasoning's coconut thai chai tea and it's decaf!! there's a picture of the label on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, if you something warm---drink hot water..
    Seriously that's all your body wants....I've done
    it in the past and it works. I used to drink
    30+ cups of coffee daily....Now look at me....
    I won't comment anymore.....You're doing great
    and when Logan gets to be 18---I'll let him know
    how he kept his mommy up. love U

    ReplyDelete