Wednesday 31 August 2016

Back to school & the days before

I feel the need to set the stage a bit before jumping right into the first day of school.  

So there we were a couple weeks before school starts. Insurance hasn't kicked in yet & we need physicals and updated immunization records.  We have no house of our own, nor are we paying rent or utilities yet we need proof of residency (like 3 forms).  We need all of that in order to register for school.

So my weeks have been busy running around with 3 kiddos to the health department and waiting 1.5hrs to get immunizations up to date, urgent care to get physicals,  DMV for 3hrs on a Saturday....

Anywho.  Somehow we managed to get registered - AND managed to get all the right school supplies (I think?) despite being given 3 differing lists.

By the end of the last week of summer I felt (& looked) like a hot mess.  I was on the brink of some sort of somethin.  And that sort of somethin showed it's ugly face in line at Wegmans.  I had all the kiddos.  It was meant to be a quick trip.  But after an hour and half I leave in tears, Lucy screaming & my Logan ever so lovingly mimicking her screams.  The wonderful man behind me in line had just paid my bill.  It was quite possibly the most humiliating thing that has ever happened to me.  And with that - I was done with summer.  

Done with juggling 3 kids in and out of doctors, done with "quick" trips to the grocery store. Donzo.

So when the first day of school rolled around - we were all ready.  

First Day!
Rockledge Elementary 2016 - 2017
Ms. Emery (1st Grade Autism class)
Ms. Villagomez (Kindergarten)





Ahhh now to enjoy some little miss Lucy :)

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing Momma!! One day you will be able to look back on that trip and laugh, maybe not soon but one day :) I ran out of Wegmans crying as well one day, but it was just with one child! For some reason Harper decided when she was little that was the place to test out her lungs! She would just scream and scream and nothing would stop her. I B-lined it to the exit but on the way I got every stare possible and a few mothers with the I have been there look, but the glares and snarls from the others were terrible! I don't even remember what I went in for that day, but I do know I never got it. Not sure how that hasn't happened yet with all three of them. (I just jinxed myself). Hang in there!! I am thinking about you guys a ton!!! Hope school is going terrific and you are enjoying that cutey, Miss Lucy!! -- Lyndsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading some of your previous posts about Logan with autism, and I happened to notice you had lots of concerns and questions - even at one point doubting the diagnosis. As a person with autism myself (I am on the mild end with Asperger's), I would like to say relax. Logan should do fine. If he has goals, let him pursue them. Don't let the diagnosis get in the way of his future. I had always wanted to be an astronaut from 2nd grade, but when I researched the qualifications in 7th - I did not have the capability, one of them requiring 20/20 vision without corrective eyewear. I wear glasses. But as I further researched, I decided I wanted to be an Aerospace Design and Drafting Technician. In other words, rocket designer. I have good enough math skills, as far as I know, I currently am capable of doing calculus. One of my hobbies is photography - and I do this not only out of enjoyment, but to help inspire other people who have or know others with autism as well. While no two children are alike, and not all forms of autism allow for a person to have super high goals that can be met, allow him to try and accomplish what he loves the best. :)

    ReplyDelete