Thursday 18 August 2016

It's not really my jam to have the kiddos watch a lot of tv & consequently they have never been into watching a ton of shows and/or movies  

until this summer.

We are in unfamiliar space without our stuff, our bank account is attempting to recover from almost a years worth of no real income, Kevin is new enough at his job that he has no vacation time yet & we have a new baby.  

So we've done a lot of this.  & turns out Logan & Reagan are pretty good at being lumps.  

We are beyond anxious to get settled & reunited with our things. I feel like we are a living a real live House Hunters episode.  Last weekend we went & saw 17 houses in one day.  We pack dinners for the car on evenings we want to go check out a house that just went on the market.  We've seen a couple pretty awful houses and teased ourselves with a beauty that was well out of reach.  But all of that hasn't been for nothing.... just today we put an offer in on a short sale townhouse with a garage & 3 bedrooms. Never thought we would find ourselves even considering living in a townhouse but turns out your money doesn't get you too much of a house in northern Virginia.  And obviously it isn't ideal to bunk up Lucy & Reagan but can you imagine how cute their room is going to be??!  I can.  I've already mentally moved in all our furniture.  And now I've put it in writing.  So it's gotta work out - right??!  It's a short sale - so the process can be lengthy but if all goes well we may be looking at a close date in mid- October. 

Keep those fingers and toes crossed.
I have a new baby and this momma needs to nest ....

3 comments:

  1. I hope and pray and put my arms around all of you and squeeze! You have made a wonderful home for your family every stop along the way,,,,this will be no different, all my love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope and pray and put my arms around all of you and squeeze! You have made a wonderful home for your family every stop along the way,,,,this will be no different, all my love

    ReplyDelete