Monday 13 January 2014

Bucket List 2014: Reagan potty trained

Today was an unofficial, impromptu start to Reagan's potty training.  I had planned to start last week but then it got pushed to this week ...but after talking with Kevin last night we pushed it back to the weekend so we could help each other.... lol...obviously I'm putting it off.

So I bought gear (panties, treats, $1 gifts, snacks, juice...) yesterday and wanted ALL day and then some to plan my attack based on the gear I bought.  But I just rolled with it when she randomly asked to go potty.  I took her diaper off at 10:15am and it didn't go back on until 7pm when her jammies went on.  

She had only 2 accidents.  One was more of a poor aim accident, I think.  The other, go figure, happened at our neighbor Mrs. Chavon's house.  We went for a a short visit and within a couple mins she had an accident....must have been so excited ;)

My original master plan was to give her money for every success (cause the girl loves her monies).  But the best laid plans never go as planned so again, I just rolled with it.  She needed no treat for every little pee in the potty - a high five was plenty. Then at dinner, we kinda made a big deal about her being a big girl, wearing panties, going potty - yada, yada...and she got a few M-n-M's  :)  

I'm saving my stash of little presents for a poo in the potty. We had none of those today.

She's excited, she knows exactly what she's doing.  We'll see how tomorrow and the following days go.  But today was good. 



Day 1 of Potty Training
  • 2 accidents
  • 7hrs of no diaper
  • 0 poo's
  • A million + trips to the potty
  • 1.5 rolls of toilet paper used? 


1 comment: