Wednesday 5 June 2013

Too much

Been MIA because there is too much going on right now to even pop on the computer for a hot second and let the people know how our first week as a Texas family is going.  I know the dust will settle soon and I know I'll get into a groove again.  But for now there is too much life going on. 

Go figure today I have a little time to share some pictures and I go to plug my camera in and the battery is dead :/  boo.  

I resort to phone pictures.

This one cause I miss them, my friends from CT.  It's blurry and I'm bummed about that.  But in a way I kinda like it :)  Wish we could get together and swap life happenings right about now....cause I got a falfel lot goin' on ;)

This is was my car while I was driving to Texas.  Packed to the max.  I actually had to ship some stuff once I got to Alabama so I could fit Andrea in the passenger seat.  Yes, that is a bed rail. 
 

My stop in Northern Virginia.  So happy to have had a chance to see my very preggo Fatema although somehow she managed to escape our visit without one single picture?!!! sneaky sneaky.  And then there was this overnight stop with my BFF.  She will probably have a few words for me for posting this picture but I love it cause this is what we do.  We talked all day & night but still managed to squeeze in a trip to TJ Maxx to try on some ridiculous pants.

Next up, my drive from Northern Virginia to Ashville, NC.  To my delight Virginia Tech happened to be just about half-way.  And I had the perfect excuse to pick up this  over-priced, Hokie TuTu that will look absolutely fabulous on Reagan. 
Continued on to Jeannies house in Ashville - this is the photo from that visit.  Not of Jeannie but of her absolutely gorgeous surroundings.  I will miss this part of the East Coast.


Onwards to Alabama - my overnight stop was at Katie's house - I think she might actually go by Kate nowadays but last time I saw her was our high school graduation 13 years ago and back then she was Katie.  You would think it would be a little strange reuniting with someone from high school - but quite the opposite :)  Can't wait for her daughter Abby to meet Reagan & Logan one day.



Picked up Andrea en route to my next stopping point.  Bourbon Street, New Orleans.  We were about thisclose to calling it a night after dinner.  Thank goodness we didn't cause we would have missed out on all the fun we had with all the other crazys cruising the street.  One hurricane, couple beers and some dancing later...


We arrived in Texas on my baby girls birthday.  I didn't miss it afterall :)  Most all of her birthday pics are on the big camera but here is one cute one from her pool party.



Going house hunting tonight :o

3 comments:

  1. Happy for all of you..Good Luck on house hunting!
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey you made it!!! Great pics, keep 'em coming mama, we miss you already!
    Love,
    Julie W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! You made it and looks like a ton of fun on the trip! Love the pic of the four of us. Can't wait to hear more about the house hunting.

    Love

    Erica

    ReplyDelete