Monday 19 July 2010

Smooth sailin has entered rough seas


For the past month we have successfully gone without feeding Logan between the hours of 7pm and 6am - it really wasn't too difficult a transition, I honestly think he was feeding in the middle of the night just for the comfort of being cuddled not because he was hungry. Tricky, tricky.

He is still waking on occasion in the middle of the night but we think those wakings are related to teething. Or at least thats what we are telling ourselves. Sticking to the plan though, we leave him in the crib and try to soothe him back to sleep just by patting his butt and showing him his thumb.

So while getting a full nights sleep has been fantastic - that means my body is going 12 full hours without feeding. My "supply" has adjusted itself to our new schedule just fine -however in doing so I think it brought in a handful of hormones that haven't visited in awhile. I've been a mess. Crabby, irritable, sensitive & eating chocolate bars (it's been awhile but all these actions are strangely familiar ) Just yesterday Kevin said "I don't know what to do with you" when I was almost in tears cause I didn't feel like doing any home improvements.

After over a year I think my womanhood is close to returning.


Oh joy.

3 comments:

  1. I will keep most of my comments to myself~~~_~_~_ so while your "womanhood" is returning, mine is leaving for good, so my crabby, irritable, sensitive self may be here for good! BE AFRAID---BE VERY AFRAID!! :)~~:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin---I wish I could help you. Just kinda sorta take a step back---when these urges come on--take some deep breaths and think of happy thoughts....
    Granted I'm no psychologist but you gone thru a lot of stressful challenges recently and now your system is now coming back to some normalcy, plus
    I stayed at the Holiday Express....What!! I didn't just say that, did I?!?! I love you.
    Nothing wrong with eating chocolate bars either and as far as your home---you can grow the home anytime......Stay strong--I'm praying for you..
    love yinz!!

    ReplyDelete