Thursday 23 March 2017

Because every picture tells a story


And the story for this picture is:

Here we are 7 years into parenting and the evenings, the teeny tiny little window of time between 5:30 & 7:30 is still my least favorite.  Logan and Reagan get off the bus at 4 and I have timed Lucy's naps so that is when she usually wakes up from her nap.  Annnnd Momma goes from quiet cleaned up house to BAM! Crazytown.  

Fast forward to 5:30. By now the after school snack has disappeared in Logans growing body and he is HANGRY & on reapeat "is it dinnertime?" So I start making dinner. Reagan is asking if she can help & Lucy is emptying the kids cupboard and totally underfoot.  

When Kevin walks in the door he usually saves the day.  He snatches up Lucy and most of the time the other two follow him upstairs.  I can finish making dinner in peace.

We have made it to dinner.  Which is chowed down & full of constant reminders about manners.

From 6:15 - 7:30 time moves so slowly.  That was when this picture was taken, just after dinner.  Our kids have an entire house to play in including a huge playroom with lots of toys - but this is where they want to be. ALWAYS.  They are always right with us.  Some days I care and it drives me a bit nutso that they are never more than an arms distance away.  But I would much rather them to be close than far.  Cause you know the second they are away from me I'm thinking about going to go check on them.

I know one day after school will be so busy and hectic with sports and homework and friends that I'll look up at the clock and wonder where all the time went.  And wish we had the luxury of sitting with a drink after dinner while our kiddos dance around us and crawl ontop of us :)

Doing our best to soak up the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment