Monday 5 October 2015

Buescher State Park

The maiden voyage!!!!!

Although there is a list that grows longer just about everyday of things we eventually want to do with the camper - she was finally road ready.  Perhaps a separate entry another day on all the efforts we have put into it in order to get to this point.

Texas is riddled with State Parks. I picked Buescher State Park because it looked nice, was only 2.5hrs away & it just so happened to be in the direct path of a giant antique festival that I wanted to check out on the way.  

Here we are about to take off.  I love that Kevin is so excited it looks like he could jump out of the window :)



She pulled like a dream.  


Our stop at the giant antique festival didn't really happen because I didn't realize by giant antique festival they meant literally miles and miles and miles and when you thought there could be no more there were even more miles of tents & barns & fields of all the stuff I dream about....old windows, old doors, vintage toy trucks....  I should've taken a picture but even a video wouldn't have captured it.  Kevin & I agreed to go back in the Spring when they do it again.  But without kids & maybe an entire weekend to spend.  I'll be good and pregnant then so Kevin will have to buy me stuff then & maybe by then we'll have money to spend again ;)

Onward to arrival:


We ended up having A/C issues in the camper - but mother nature was on our side and provided us with gorgeous 80ish degree days and 50ish degree nights. Perfection.

Speaking of perfection

Our spot & set up

The only hotdog I'll eat this year....'least until next time we camp ;)



It's not camping without smores. 


 Logan made smores but did not eat them?!!! (more for moma!)

Interior accommodations: Our side....I may never sleep in a tent again.  

Kiddo side... we put up a divider, Logan on the left & Reagan on the right.  Worked like a charm.

This girl, those shorts, the 10mins she spent tucking in & that map...sign her up for girl scouts 

I wish I had taken this picture with my big camera instead of my phone. I love it

My husband is in the small minority on the planet that actually looks good in those orange life vests

Kiddos first time in a canoe!


Logan was being Logan and not sitting still.  I think I scared Reagan into thinking Logan was going to fall in....she held onto him pretty tight

"Daddy, stop the boat and everyone VERY slowly turn around and smile for Mommy"  lol

The giant dirt pile the kiddos literally rolled around in

Mid-afternoon naps :) I must have taken a bajillion pictures of him - kid can move faster than lightning and crash harder than thunder

Hanging out in the camper on a gorgeous afternoon - cause we can

Literally running free in the wilderness for 3 days & 2 nights

Already planning for the next getaway camper style...

3 comments:

  1. wishin' I could've been there----looks like you all had a relaxing weekend.......camper looks good-glad the AC didn't work----you would've missed all of natures sounds......

    ReplyDelete