Thursday 14 November 2013

Family

My kids, and now my husband are sick.

Kiddos have been sick since (last) Friday.  Sick like the only time we leave the house is to go to the doctors and even then Logan was puking in the waiting room next to a young woman and her just about newborn baby.  eeek. Awesome.

Anywho.

I had planned to get out of the house yesterday just to get out.  Our destination: Grandma & Grandpas house.  But just as soon as I told Grandma we were coming over I changed my mind.  Logan was a wreck - throwing fits left and right. He knows no in-between.  He is either so sick he can't move or he is up and running around.  He felt a little better but he wasn't & he was taking it out on me...and Reagan was feeding off of him and Dylan was feeding off of her and ....

Thankfully Grandma came to us -
Just in the nick of time....my kiddos had reduced me to tears just as Grandma walked in.  Felt good to have someone give me a hug.

All is better.

Then today while I attempted going to the store with both sick babes Andrea dropped a giant bag of goodies off on our doorstep.  Food, drink & hand-me-downs.  Everything we could need to get us through a day or two more of sickness.

I keep thinking ... If we were still in CT I would have none of this.  I would have been crying in front of my kids until Kevin got home & then probably taken it out on him.   And the kiddos would have never had the wonderful distraction of unloading the bag of goodies Isa brought.

Thank You.

Reagan after spotting Olivia's hand-me-down leotard in the bag of goodies Isa brought :)  She doesn't even look sick in this picture...cause she's sooo happy.  Logan(and me) had the same look on his face later when he devoured the Cheez-its that she brought


Feeling VERY thankful for this closeness.  It's everything I've always wanted.

1 comment:

  1. :)

    just wanted to say that I LOOOOVE how Reagan has the matching scrunchie on her wrist

    really really really hope everyone is feeling better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete