Friday 29 July 2016

This summer

Breathe.

It's been one heck of a summer....scratch that & rewind - we are nearly at the marker of it being one heck of a year.  It will definitely be a year to remember forever. More life experiences have occurred this year than some "get" to experience in a lifetime.

So please excuse the maybe sometimes big breaks in the blog - attempting to adjust to our new normal - for the five hundredth time. 

But I will get back on track.  Taking pictures and telling experiences are my happy place.

.............................................................................................................................

This picture, my family.  We haven't lived near each other since high school & this was always the dream. We lived it for 3 years.  Three short years.  My family & all the friends we are leaving behind in Texas make it very difficult - we had it good.  Our village of people helped raise our kids - I felt very loved and connected to so many.  Love & miss you all. So much.


Getting ready to start our 21hr, 4 day 3 night trek  
Texas to Virginia

Our pitstops:  Jackson, Mississippi  -   Gatlinburgh, TN  -  Blacksburg, VA

The best little roadtripper EVER.  All the kiddos did great, considering.  But I think I was most surprised by her.  I finally got a baby that sleeps in the car!!!

We arrived at Grandma Jo's house safely, ready to be out of the car & ready for a good nights sleep!  Everything is bigger in Texas is no lie.  Grandma Jo's house is about half the size of our Texas house. Despite it being smaller, we are  fortunate to have enough space at her house so both Logan & Reagan have their own rooms and Kevin & I have a big enough room that we can put a pack n play up for little Lucy.  The backyard is what you see below - pretty much a kids dream.

The kiddos have adjusted well (maybe even better than us??!) Ahhh to be a kid again when if a house has love, food, a bed & toys then it must be home.

Perhaps that's the motto I should consider.  Afterall, what more is there to need??!  

1 comment:

  1. There you are sweet Hawks! I'm overwhelmed just reading this, and so I'm so proud of you for your strength. You guys are the power couple of all couples. We think about you so much, and we're wishing you so much luck with this big transition. You will prevail, you always do! Julie Burden

    ReplyDelete