Friday 11 May 2012

 Last man standing - thats me.  The fam. is sick sans me and Logan is sick, sick.  Took him to the doctors today after a day of wheezing - 2 hours, 3 breathing treatments, the talk of x-rays and 3 prescriptions later we left the doctors office.  He sleeps now & we're to do breathing treatments every 3 hours for the next 24hrs as well as dose him up a steroid and antibiotic for the next 4 days.  whew.  My mothers day weekend will be spent doing what I do, mothering and loving.




In exciting news - Logans orthodics arrived today :)  We slipped them into his shoes, then slipped his shoes on and held our breaths as....

he walked the most normal we've ever seen!!!



We only tried him walking a few times since he isn't feeling well but in that short time he walked a couple times between Kevin & I (4 or 5 steps each) and then as if he was saying "Hey wait this feels good" he stood up at his walker on his own for the very first time.   I think Kevin & I are reeling in our excitement a tid bit just in case tonights few steps were a random occurrence....but I have a hunch that these little shoe inserts will change a lot of things.  

Getting excited at the thought of having 2 new walkers in the next couple months :o

2 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


    you reel in all you want .... I'll scream with joy :):):)

    looking forward to a video.


    ps - hope everyone feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, what great news about the ortho's. Hope Logan gets well.
    Love
    TOm

    ReplyDelete