Wednesday 17 August 2011

My theory

I have a theory.

That it takes 3 months for little babies to figure out how the days work and another 3 months to figure out how the evenings work. With life returning to "normal" in 6 months time.

My theory was true for Logan - he started taking organized naps at 3 months (almost to the day) and slept through the night for the first time at 5ish months. Things were good at 6 months - so good we got pregnant.

And so far my second subject, Reagan - is on track to proving my theory true as well. She has been consistently taking naps during the day. She has about an hour to an hour and a half awake time before we put her down swaddled in her crib. Typically, she has one mega nap (2-3hrs) and the others are more around the 1-2hr ballpark. Also true to my theory she has no idea what to do come the evening. Evening for her starts about 4ish with a crappy nap and then a in and out of fussy state until bathtime at 6:30pm - which she loves! But about 15secs after being placed in her towel she fears her life is ending and continues to scream until she is latched on to her mama. We are on a some nights are good and some nights are bad trend right now. Good nights being getting up twice to feed her and bad nights getting up more than that. Mama is bracing herself for bringing some tough love come months 3 & 4. Cause with the experience of one newborn under my belt I now know that some babies just like a little cuddle in the middle of the night.

I leave you with some of my favs from our week so far :)

And because some of these require an explanation
1. I asked Logan to help me unload the dishwasher...
2. My big bellied, pouty lip baby girl :)
3. Dylan deserves a picture from time to time
4. Logan wondering what the heck that thing is doing making so much noise
5. Being strong & beautiful in the exersaucer
6. Crawling under the sheets I was fluffing and folding cause he likes the wind in his hair


Dare I say things are on the up & up.

1 comment:

  1. ALL of these pics make me smile!! so does the up and up! 2 days----so excited!

    ReplyDelete